Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Here's to health, peace, and prosperity




Today I have my once a year doctors visit. It is literally the only time I see my primary care physician. Or any physician, actually.  I didn't really want to come. It's not something I look forward to.  I did seriously consider rescheduling, for next year...or maybe the year after that.

But, here I am. And I know I'll dutifully schedule next years appointment before I leave..like I always do.

Because I know there are so many that can't go to the doctor unless they are gravely ill, if even then. Never mind the luxury of a yearly wellness check. I know there are so many people out there that have chronic issues that require so many doctor visits, so much poking and prodding all of the time. Once a year would seem like a dream to them.

So I have to be real with myself. I am fortunate. I'm lucky that I even have a PCP at all. I'm lucky that this once a year appointment costs me nothing. I'm lucky that this small inconvenience only has to happen once a year. I am really lucky to be a relatively healthy person all around. 

After my appointment is over (and I've scheduled next years appointment) I am taking myself for a smoothie....to toast to my good health and all my many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment