Thursday, December 29, 2016

Ready to Kiss 2016 Goodbye

Hey gang! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mine was slightly chaotic. But that seems par for the course this year. I really want to go into the new year with a calmer spirit. I'm trying my best to scratch off my 'to do' items or just get OK with things going undone. Because that's ok. All the things do not have to be done! I am trying to retrain my brain.

I'm ready to put a lid on this year. It hasn't all been bad, but it has been a wild, non-stop roller coaster. I am more than ready to step into the new year and settle down, to practice simple living and find some calm. With New Year's Eve coming up, I've been thinking about New Year's traditions.

I know a large group of wild women who believe wholeheartedly in burying money on New Year's Eve and digging it up the next morning. The idea is that you bury your poverty and then you uncover your wealth. I think there is some discussion about what you can then do with that money. I think the majority rule is that you cannot spend it, but you can donate it. {Y'all can keep me honest in the comments}

Many people go out for New Year's Eve. My husband and I did that for a handful of years. It can be a lot of fun to dress up all fancy and spend the evening out with friends.



But for the last couple of years, we have found that we enjoy spending New Year's Eve at home. Big surprise, right? I think we are so blessed to enjoy each other and our home so much that it is actually where we chose to be. So our tradition is to stay home and make nachos and drink margaritas.


What are your New Year's traditions? Do you go out and party it up? Or do you stay home and have a more intimate celebration? OR do you go to bed early?

Do you get up on New Year's day and go run a 5k? Or spend the day in your pajamas putting up Christmas decorations?

Does anyone have any special food or drink they make for the New Year's?

No comments:

Post a Comment